Tuesday, January 12, 2010

some not so exciting updates and facts

don't laugh at me. these events and observations were the highlights of my past week.


* sweaterman has a kindle. BAH HAHA! i bet he reads the bible. over and over and over.

* richard really likes to eat chicken. ham and chicken. better be careful he doesn't eat too much of either...he's likely to turn into one...

* the lady who delivers pizzas for diag is horrifying. she loves our caramel cashew biscotti, but hates our chipped dishes.

* you cannot order a ginger dragon with milk in it. that is not a thing, and it will curdle. and it is gross. and YES that includes soy milk.

* thanks to barry (double cup two roulettes to the old school folks) for this link. SO CUTE!!

* it seems the ann arbor community is really rallying behind smiley (anthony). i have had several regulars ask me whether or not he was okay, or "what his deal" was. while this may have been because they feared for their own safety, i would like to think it is because they are concerned with his well being.

* i overheard this conversation between two homeless men today.
homeless man 1 (hm1): spare some change?
homeless man 2 (hm2): no man.
hm1: i am just trying to get some food.
hm2: man, i had to collect returnables today, just to get myself a beer!!
hm1: MAN I DO NOT DRINK. I TOLD YOU I DO NOT DRINK. I JUST WANT SOME FOOD.

2 comments:

  1. please please please don't tell me barry had a computer there and that you went to his table and chatted. he probably considered it a date.

    what's up with smiley? i'm not concerned for his well-being and would prefer a highly dramatic story! (sorry, that was mean.)

    who orders lemon and milk together? that is probably the worst drink combination at erc. i guess adding pumpkin spice might bring it to another level, but still. yucky!

    will you tell richard i'm sorry that i missed him! and that i asked about his chicken eating habits! hope it's not fried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO. i would never sit that close to barry. he simply told me what to look up to see his favorite youtube videos. well now we know what he does in his spare time. he also left his dry cleaning at erc the other day! it was really the highlight of my day. i was quite disappointed i did not get to give it back to him the next day.

    here's a smiley story i don't believe i told you... one day he was in the store, wandering around the pastry case. i said can i help you? he glared at me, snarled, and walked away. two minutes later, back at the counter. can i help you? similar response. one minute later. he sneaks in amongst a line of customers. i see money in his hand. so i say, can i get a drink or something for you? he screams WHY DO YOU KEEP ASKING ME THAT?? I AM FINE. DON'T ASK ME THAT, DON'T WORRY ABOUT ME. I'M FINE. i say, i was asking you that because you are standing at the counter. WHERE I TAKE ORDERS FROM CUSTOMERS. YOU ARE STANDING IN THE WAY. he screams NO I AM NOT I AM FINE. then he asked peter for a cup of hot water. for 30 cents. peter said no. smiley screamed some more about discrimination. then he wandered out.

    ReplyDelete